lördag 18 april 2009

Home


It’s spring time. It’s sunny. It’s my first coffee in my favorite café.
It’s my first day in six month at home, in my own hometown.
We decided to go back home. Decided that it was time.
I had a feeling that I wanted to go back home and set things straight. Take responsibility and start a life. I’m not that sure about it anymore.

With the dying breath of our accounts and some serious ticket hunting we bought tickets from Brisbane to Bangkok, and Bangkok to Stockholm.
We wished for a smooth trip but forgot about the bad karma that had followed us through the whole trip.
We missed our connection flight to Sydney, we ran through the airport to different counters about ten times, we screamed at an evil Quantas woman and we ended up going back to Brisbane before going to Bangkok.
And let me say that even if the waterfights during Sonkran in Bangkok was wicked and so much fun… of course it was a riot and a curfew in Bangkok while being there.
I take all of this as a sign that I should stay home for a while. That it’s time to let my poor little bag rest for a bit.
But that’s kind of hard when you get offered a job in Thailand in your favorite place in the world.

A few things I learned on Koh Chang while working in Sunflower:

Never say no to a one year old girl.
How to count in thai.
And how to say male masturbation in thai.

I’m not sad to be back home. I’m actually a bit relieved. It feels safe, relaxed and a little bit boring.
I love the spring in Gothenburg. I love walking to my regular café having my daily latte. I love being here. I love being home.

I am Charlie. This is Gothenburg. This is my home.

Inga kommentarer: